Monday, March 14, 2011

Irritability, Withdrawal Symptom #2, 3, 4, 5, and even 6

I just returned from five sunny days in California.  So far my Facebook separation has been easy peasy.  Maybe it's because our marriage wasn't very strong to begin with.  I was ever faithful during the week, but the weekend...that was when I got a little slutty.

Still, I felt the pangs.  First at Disneyland, seems Facebook would've been the perfect way to distract myself from the 200 people standing in line ahead of me.  Every man, woman, child, and nanna had crack eyes for their handheld devices.

Fast forward to the rural, magnificent and historical Hearst Castle.  Despite the multitude of actual backgrounds that would make for a beautiful photo, staff would prefer you pose in front of a green screen.  Afterward, if you so wished, you could upload your photo instantly to Facebook allowing all 213 of your friends to continue to not give a shit.

Thinking of taking in an afternoon of culture?  One moment you are wiping your tears while listening to a Holocaust survivor.  The next, you are being urged to like The Museum of Tolerance, an institution that warns against the dangers of herd mentality.

And let's not forget the accommodations...like the Marriott on Facebook and housekeeping guarantees a pubic-hair-free bathroom on your next visit.

What's next?  I'd like to think maybe this:







No comments:

Post a Comment